Sunday, August 24, 2008

Interesting Speaker Issue

I noticed that the front left dash speaker wasn't putting out any sound worth talking about so I figured it was blown. When I took off the plastic cover, I saw why. Instead of a matching OEM paper cone speaker, there was a tiny tweeter connected to a splitter held in place with a homemade bracket. My solution? A trip to my local Wal-Mart provided a $7 speaker and some wire spade ends was the (temporary) answer. I had to cut off 2 of the mounting tabs on the speaker for it to fit but it works great. Hooray cheap solutions! This is of course until I can afford nicer speakers listed in the "wishes" post.

This is the tweeter and splitter that was in there:


And this is the cheap walmart speaker I replaced it with....notice the one side being held in with a zip-tie because it's not a perfect fit for the screw

No comments: